Monday, October 22, 2012

Just a drive away

One of the things I love about Coe's campus is how centrally located it is.  Not only is it a beautiful campus, but the small school feel is present even in such a large city like Cedar Rapids.  You don't have to venture far from Coe to find a coffee shop, gas station, or grocery store.  You'll definitely get plenty of exercise walking around Coe.

Another plus of going to a school in Cedar Rapids is that it is only a half hour away from Iowa City, and and hour away from Cedar Falls.  Having a sister at the University of Iowa and a sister at the University of Northern Iowa, this is a big plus.  The drive from Cedar Rapids to both of those cities is quick, and not inconvenient for a day trip.  Whether it's going to an Iowa game (although you're probably better off going to a Coe football game if you want to see a team win), going shopping at the Coralville mall, or traveling to Cedar Falls for a Rodney Atkins concert on a Thursday night, you can have it all in just a drive away.  I guess I'm lucky to have a car here at school with me to be able to do all of those things, but even if you don't take a car to school, you're just fine.  Coe ALWAYS has something going on here on campus.  Like last Saturday, which was Coe Fest.  Bands came and played all day long, and supper was offered outside.  Then this coming weekend is Family weekend and a great home football game against Wartburg.  You can bet I'm staying here on campus this weekend.

With Love,
Alexis


My cousin, Jacquelin, and I at the Rodney Atkins Concert at UNI!
My friend, Mckenzie, and I watching the UNI game!

No comments:

Post a Comment