Tuesday, October 2, 2012

All it Takes is One Visit

Taking a look back I can remember specifically when I knew I was going to become a Kohawk.  Starting my college search I thought I was going to end up an Iowa Hawkeye or a UNI panther; little did I know that being a Kohawk is where I belonged.

Because my dad is an alumni from Coe I felt obligated to come visit, and I knew that it wouldn't hurt me.  So we scheduled a date and made the two hour drive from Mason City, IA to Coe's campus- something I will never regret doing.  I automatically felt like I was in the right place when I stepped foot here.  My first thought was how beautiful campus was- I automatically got butterflies in my stomach.  After talking with the admissions staff it hit me, everyone here is so nice.  Coe College is the one place that I actually felt welcomed.  From my tour around campus to my talk with my admissions counselor, I knew right away that Coe College is where I was going to end up- and all it took was one visit.

This Saturday, October 6, is the first Campus Visit Day. This is a great opportunity to get an overview of campus, and ask REAL questions of REAL students.  Applying to colleges is the first step, but actually visiting a college can be a determining factor as to what school you end up at.  Its really helpful to see a college and what it is really like before you decide where to attend- and I promise Coe won't disappoint.

Registration starts at 9 A.M. and the day ends with lunch and complementary tickets to the football game around 12:30. Students can sign up online here! If you are a student still on edge about where to go to college, I'll try to make your college decision a little easier by saying this- come visit Coe!  This is an amazing opportunity to get a feel for a small school in a big city and discover the many characteristics Coe has to offer.  You never know, you might love it here just like I did.  Truely all it takes is one visit to fall in love with Coe College and become a Kohawk.

With love,
Alexis

No comments:

Post a Comment