Saturday, March 29, 2014

What do you do for fun?

"What do you do for fun?"  I hear that question all too often when there are prospective students and curious parents on campus.  They know that there is always comedians, performers, and activities to do on campus, but what about off campus? 

Coming from a town much smaller than Cedar Rapids, I find it easy to stay entertained.  Personally, I find Cedar Rapids HUGE, and often times this leads to my fellow classmates from Chicago and Colorado to laugh in my face.  Yet, this puts me at an advantage.  I love walking from Coe to downtown and admiring the little shops and stores you pass by.  Czech Village also provides this atmosphere, and WOW do they have some good food.  Then there's NewBo Market, which I have YET to go to.  Now that the weather is getting nicer and the sun is finally shining- I'm definitely going to make that a priority to go see.  I can't wait for the Cedar Rapids Kernels games to start up again.  Who doesn't like a good baseball game?

This past weekend I was also able to go to the Justin Moore, Josh Thompson, and Randy Houser concert that was at the U.S. Cellular Center right down the road from Coe.  I absolutely LOVE country music and Cedar Rapids always finds a way to get some of the best country stars here.  Justin Moore is the newly-crowned Academy of Country Music's new artist of the year.

My roommate and me all ready and excited for the Justin Moore concert! See my touch of plaid?

So yes, I may be from a small town in Iowa (there are smaller, trust me), but I tend to keep myself busy off campus, as well as on campus.  It's not hard to find something to do, and I can't wait to explore even more!

Kohawk Love,
Alexis

No comments:

Post a Comment