Monday, March 10, 2014

Where Does the Time Go?

Seriously though, where does the time go?  I feel like time has just been slipping between my fingers ever since the semester started.  And now its March.  It's crazy how when you stay busy, time just passes by.  Every day a step closer towards the end of my second semester of my sophomore year here at Coe.  I read that and I only think of one word- how exciting.

These past two months have been FILLED with good memories, events, and opportunities.  So many in fact that I haven't found the time to be able to sit down and write about them- until now.  These two months I haven't been able to watch Netflix (I went through a stage where I watched it every night- no joke) or even take my usual naps- and I wouldn't want it any other way.

Lets start of by saying a of February 14, 2014, I am now a Certified Nurse Assistant. WOOHOO! This little stepping stone has started to pave my path and journey towards becoming a Nurse.  That class kicked my butt from the beginning of the semester until now- taking it from 5-9 every night took a toll on me!  I learned how to manage my time, handle my stress, and say no when things got overwhelming.  I learned how to take care of myself because when the going gets tough, the tough get going. 

The following weekend after that was Delta Delta Delta's Annual Dessert Gala. This event is our biggest Fundraiser of the year.  We get donations from different places in order to have a silent auction, and also ask or donations from bakeries for a donation of desserts to supply our silent auction goers with.  That way, they get to eat yummy desserts of literally ALL kinds, and bid on wonderful items that all goes to a good cause- St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.  This event alone raised over $6,600 to and was donated to help kick cancer in the butt.  It's event's like these that make me realize why I am in Greek Life, and how amazing of an experience it truly is.

Shaina Winn (left), Christina Albrecht (right), and myself at Dessert Gala!

Then came Spring Break... at the most perfect timing for everyone.  February 28th was the last day of classes and I was on a plane to California to see my sister.  It was tough leaving the beautiful warm weather of San Diego, but we had a eventful drive home back.  My grandmother was out there for the winter (I like to say she was hibernating from the cold) so we all drove back to Iowa together.  One stop in Vegas, one stop in Denver, and BAM back to Iowa we were.  It was a great time spent with family and friends after a hectic two months of classes!  Several other people went to similar warm places, went home, or even stayed on campus!  That week long break has helped rejuvenate everyone so they could power through the rest of the semester.

Me in front of the Santa Monica Pier!

And here we are, trying to make it through the rest of the semester.  Flunk Day, St. Patty's Day, and President's Ball, all on our minds. They keep saying Flunk Day is tomorrow, but it always is.

Kohawk Love,
Alexis

No comments:

Post a Comment