Wednesday, April 23, 2014

The Easter Bunny

I miss the days where I was 10 and I would wake up on Easter morning to look for a big Easter basket full of goodies and later an Easter egg hunt.  Now that all of my sisters and I have grown up, we settle for a big Easter feast and our dad filling up our tank of gas before heading back to school- guess I can't really complain, can I?  I am blessed and grateful that when at school here at Coe I am only two hours away from my other home.  This allows me to go home for Easter weekend, when a lot of people from Colorado or California, for example, can't.  Because Coe is such a community, though, a lot of the Iowans will take in friends and take them to each other's Easter.  That's one reason why I love this place.

All laughs when my grandma comes into town!

My other half.

You can't go wrong with a couple Easter family Pictures.
To me, Easter weekend is like Thanksgiving or Christmas- a great time to celebrate and spend time with family.  It was a nice break before crazy finals week comes around, but it's crazy to think that in about 2 weeks I will be home again, this time for Summer.  The thought of finals, packing, and driving home are very unappealing to me.  I take that as a good thing, though.  It means I don't want to leave this wonderful place I call home.

Kohawk Love,
Alexis

No comments:

Post a Comment