Sunday, April 6, 2014

Admitted Student Weekend Success

It's crazy to think that two years ago I was a prospective student in the middle of my college search.  I was between all big schools and I decided to visit Coe, just because my dad had went here.  I came once for a private visit, another time for scholarship weekend, and then a third time to admitted student weekend.  After that weekend, the deal was sealed and I sent in my deposit to officially become a Kohawk.

My fellow CVD Event Coordinator, Jaime!
Now here I am, behind the scenes, helping all of the admissions counselors and admissions staff run the show.  I'm on the opposite side of the experience and this time it's not as a prospective student, but rather a Sophomore in college in the position as a Campus Visit Day Event Coordinator.  Admitted Student weekend was the craziest time for anybody in admissions, and I couldn't of been more happy to help.  We had record numbers of prospective students on campus- over 200 students stayed the night!  While admissions counselors worked on getting their kids signed up to come, I was trying to match them with a current Coe student to host them.  This task is more difficult than it sounds- especially when we had so many prospective students who attended Admitted Student Weekend. I was determined to give all of the "prospies" the best experience possible, considering Admitted Student Weekend is the reason why I am here today.

In the end, I know everyone had a good time.  There was a "Glow Run" in Clarke Racquet Center with a DJ, glow sticks, and several activities to do.  People were playing bags, volleyball, basketball, and just finding all sorts of fun things to do.  The food they provided for supper was AMAZING, and Coe even got all classy by getting a "C", "O", and an "E" carved out of ice.




I had a great time working this weekend and meeting new potential Kohawks for the class of 2018.  Wow, isn't that crazy?  Class of 2018.  It truly puts things into perspective for me and makes me realize how fast my time spent at Coe is going; before I know it, I'm going to be a college junior.



Kohawk Love,
Alexis

No comments:

Post a Comment