Tuesday, April 30, 2013

St. BALDricks

Last week was a great week for Coe College.  Several students and faculty members shaved their heads and donated it to the St. Baldrick's Foundation.  This foundation is a childhood cancer charity funding the most promising research to help find cures for kids with cancer.  The lives of children with cancer are being dramatically improved through the support of the St. Baldrick's Foundation.  I am proud to say that Coe College had a part in supporting this cause.  Not only were there men shaving their heads, but women as well.  I have the utmost respect for those women who shaved their heads and I wish I could be as brave as them!  Below is a picture of four students who participated in St. Baldrick's, three of which are female- and let me say, they look absolutely BEAUTIFUL!


Not only was last week St. Baldrick's, but Delta Delta Delta also had a formal dinner.  We all invited dates and met for dinner.  It was nice to eat a good meal and get to bond with my sisters.  Awards were also handed out to people for being most likely to dance, best mom and babe, best dressed, etc.  It was a great night full of smiles and laughter!

My Delta family!

My Delta momma!

I can't believe that the end of my freshman year is approaching.  I can't wait to see what these last couple weeks bring me!

Kohawk Love,
Alexis

No comments:

Post a Comment