Tuesday, April 2, 2013

April Events

This past weekend Coe wasn't as busy as everyone left for Easter!  It was great to get home and see all of my family- the first time since Christmas break!  This semester seems to be going by so much slower since it's not jam packed with holidays and breaks.  Everyone is hanging in there but have a couple of thoughts on their mind: Admitted Student Weekend and We the Kings, Flunk Day, Pres Ball, and Summer Break.

Like I mentioned in my last blog, this weekend is finally when We the Kings comes to play here on Campus!  It'll be a great time especially with all the prospective students being on campus.  Everyone is preparing their rooms to have those interested in Coe stay with them, my roommate and I included!  We are excited to host possibly three high school seniors this weekend.  If you're interested in Coe and want a great look at what Coe is about, I recommend coming!

I am so happy that the weather is finally turning around and it's starting to look like Spring.  With this in mind, everyone is starting to guess when Flunk Day is going to be.  The saying is that "Flunk day is always tomorrow" because no one ever knows when it is!  Flunk Day is when all of the classes are cancelled for the day and everyone is woken up at around 6 to find out.  At 11 there are a bunch of festivities going on in the quad right outside the pub.  It's a day where you actually don't have to worry about classes or even homework.  It's kind of like the college is giving back to the students for all the hard work we put in during the school year!

President's Ball (Pres ball for short) is coming up on April 13th! This is the 16th annual Coe Presidential Ball and takes place in Eby Fieldhouse. The Presidential Ball will be a celebration and the final ball for President James and Linnie Phifer.  This has been a Coe College tradition since 1996.

With many events coming up I have a feeling that April is going to fly by.  I'm ready for Summer, but I don't want my freshman year at Coe to end! It's crazy to think that in a couple months I'll be a sophomore and not at the bottom of the totem pole anymore.

Kohawk love,
Alexis

No comments:

Post a Comment