Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Kohawk Pride

After attending my first Iowa football tailgate a couple weekends ago I've come to realize how much I love football.  Even though the Hawkeyes lost to ISU and Central Michigan, you can't help but love the game.  Then the Packers lost to Seattle last night... for real?  Come on now.  Coming from Mason City, Iowa I have to root for the Packers.  If you watched the game you had to of noticed the refs... and that's all I'm going to say.  Thank goodness I'm a Kohawk, and hopefully this losing streak among my teams can stop this week.

This is the week I always looked forward to in high school, and it's no different now.  This week is full of powderpuff football, boys volleyball, all campus capture the flag, Kohawk Rock, a pep-rally, one heck of a football game, and last but not least, a dance.  This week is... HOMECOMING!

Powderpuff football started tonight.  Because there were more freshmen then any other grade, it turned into Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors on one team against us.  It was a tough game; They scored first, making us think that it was going to be lonnnnnggggg.  Then we scored at the end of the first half and with a little pep talk from our coach the second half went a bit smoother.  We managed to score at the top of the half, and then held up our defense throughout the rest of the game.  That means that the Freshmen won 2-1 AGAINST ALL OTHER GRADES!  I don't know about you, but I feel like that's not supposed to happen.


Part of our powderpuff team!  From left to right: Gretchen Lilienthal, Me,
Arran Weeces, Jacqueline Naeve, Emily Jaeger, and McCall Meade 

Anyways, tomorrow is all school capture the flag and I'm ready for the freshman to pick up another win.  I have no doubt that we'll be able to do it!  Homecoming week is amazing, but it's hard to stay focused.  I have no motivation to do homework, but I know that I have to because I'll regret it later.  I think that I vouch for everyone when I say us Kohawks are going to enjoy this week and weekend to the fullest.  Hopefully that includes a win against Buena Vista this Saturday.  Can't wait for the rest of this week.


With love,
Alexis

No comments:

Post a Comment