Thursday, October 31, 2013

Never Enough Time

I've come to the conclusion that there is never enough time in a day to get things done.  There is always something that you could be doing- whether it's napping, eating, coffee date in the pub with a friend, working out, going to watch slam poetry or an a capella group in the pub, going to a midnight movie for free, watching Netflix, working, running errands... the list goes on and on.  While this may sound like a bad thing, I mean it as a great thing.  Think about it- everything I just listed aren't terrible things to have your day full with.  While, yes, I wish I could do them all in one day, I've come to the conclusion that I can't- and I'm okay with that.  The one thing that you learn as a college student, though, is that you have to make sacrifices.  You have to choose between studying for that big anatomy midterm you have or going to the volleyball game.  As a college student you truly have to balance sleep, with study, with social, and I'm telling you now that while at times it seems almost impossible- it definitely isn't.  I'm lucky to go to a college where there is always something to do, even if sometimes it may put a damper on my studies or the amount of sleep I get.  I believe that you have to get the most out of your college experience, and Coe is definitely doing that for me.  Sometimes I may complain about being too busy, but I guess that's just me settling in, getting involved, and enjoying life- three things a college student strives for.

Kohawk love,
Alexis

No comments:

Post a Comment