Wednesday, January 15, 2014

I'm In!

It's official- I have been accepted into Coe College's Nursing program this coming Fall semester.  I can't even put into words how excited and blessed I am to have this opportunity.  I think that a lot of people outside of Coe underestimate it's nursing program, especially since the University of Iowa and Mount Mercy (two schools known for Nursing) are right in arms reach from here.  To be honest- Coe's nursing program wasn't even on my radar until I came here.  As a freshman I declared my major as Biology, because I intended to go Pre-med.  The nice thing about going to a liberal arts school is that I quickly figured out that is not what I wanted to do at all.  Through my general education courses and going to the Pre-health club meeting- I realized that Medical School probably wasn't for me.  In fact, the thought of med school scared me intensely.  So that's when I switched to Nursing and realized how rewarding being in the Nursing program would be- this is where I belonged all along and I just needed to figure it out.  I'm still learning and discovering myself, and I love it. I will be spending a lot of time with the same people and my peers will essentially become my support group.  I know how demanding this major will be, but it's nice knowing that when I'm out of college I know what I'm going to be doing. Plus,  I love the Cedar Rapids/Iowa City area and through the clinical experiences and being with a preceptor one-on-one, I will form great networking and relationships.

It's crazy to think that I have one semester left before my gen eds are done and I jump right into nursing.  Time goes by so fast!  I have almost made it half way through my college experience.  Is it selfish for me to not want it to end?  I guess I love Coe College a little too much...if that's possible.

Kohawk Love,
Alexis

No comments:

Post a Comment