Monday, November 25, 2013

Thanksgiving

It's that time of year again- Thanksgiving break.  It is the first time a lot of people go home for the first time all year and get to spend time with family and friends from home.  I can't wait to go black Friday shopping (not grey Thursday), eat plenty of turkey, and sleep in my big comfy bed.  During this time everyone thinks about what they are grateful for, but really every day we should be appreciative of those people and things around us. With that being said, last year I wrote a blog about Thanksgiving and I think it is necessary for me to write again about what I am thankful for, but this time as a sophomore instead of a freshman in college.

First off, I am thankful to be waking up every morning breathing, healthy, and alive.  I think that is one thing that a lot of people take for granted, and it is one of the most simple things to be thankful for.

Family. I have the most support from my family, even if they are miles away from me.  I know that I could call up my grandma, my sisters, or my dad and they would be there for me no matter what. This includes my big lovable pup that tries to be a lap dog even though he weighs 85 pounds.

Friends.  I wouldn't be the person I am today if it wasn't for the old friendships I still have at home and the new friendships that continue to blossom every day here at Coe.

Coe College.  This place has changed me and allowed me to grow up and mature into the young woman I am today.  Every day I find another reason as to why I love this place and it reassures me that I made a great decision deciding to go here.

Tri Delta.  I have had so many great experiences by being in a sorority, including going to St. Jude hospital in Memphis and having the privilege to raise money for the St. Jude babes.  I have also formed great relationships and connections inside and outside of Delta.

The list goes on and on, but those are a few of the few things I'm thankful for every day.  So now I ask you- what are you thankful for?

Kohawk love,
Alexis


No comments:

Post a Comment